question

shopventory avatar image
shopventory asked Dan edited

Is it possible to target different builds of the same app for different SDK levels?

Hi there,

I'm trying to add Crashlytics to our app, which requires minSdkVersion to be 19. However, I still want the app to run on the original Clover Station, which is api level 17. Is there a way to build 2 versions of our app and target one to the original station and the other for all other devices w/ api level 19 or greater.

Much appreciated,

-Rares

Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Dan edited

I don't think this is currently possible, I am going to look into it though. Seems like a good feature.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

I agree, this is a good way to push people off of 2012 Clover devices if we can supply a legacy apk that targets API 17

1 Like 1 ·
shopventory avatar image
shopventory answered

Thanks David for the weekend response - I was actually working on our app yesterday :) I managed to get around the limitation and pack everything into one app version, but this would def. be helpful so we can optimize the app size for each targeted device (e.g. newer Android API versions need less support libraries in our case.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community