question

kapilk avatar image
kapilk asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

How can we refund an order created in clover station through iOS mobile without using Ecommerce API ?

Hi @David Marginian,

We develop a native iOS application and it is not web based (not using web view). We are trying to refund orders created in clover station. As per my understanding Ecommerce API is designed for web applications and access_token is required.

Is it possible to refund an order created in clover station using iOS device without using Ecommerce API ?
If possible, Can you please suggest how we can refund an oder using iOS device ?
Can we use any Platform APIs (clover go connector APIs) ?

Clover StationRefund
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Your use case is a bit unclear to me. The e-commerce API is not exclusively for web applications. If you are trying to issue a card not present refund the e-commerce API is your only option. We do have an iOS Clover Connector API which would be for card present refunds (your app would need to connect to a customer facing, mini or flex Clover device to initiate the refund ).

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kapilk avatar image kapilk commented ·

My use case is simple. Our iOS Mobile app has to make a refund request for order created in clover station. either using a clover REST API or CloverGoSDK APIs.

Agreed, e-commerce API is not exclusively for web applications once access_token is generated and ready.
But,
How can access_token be generated ?
I have read this for generating OAuth token https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-oauth-20#
do we need to create a web app for generating access_token?
Is web app only an option to generate access_token ? If not, can you please suggest other ways ?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kapilk commented ·
You would need a web app in Clover. We would redirect to your server when a merchant installs your app and you would obtain a token at that time and then securely store it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community