question

khaos337 avatar image
khaos337 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Atomic Order issue

I need to create an empty atomic order using the REST API, but every time I try it tells me "Online order cart is empty or missing". Yet in the documentation the only field it says is required is the merchant Id. Is this possible?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

The documentation is a bit misleading. Why would you need to obtain an empty order? If you need to create an empty order (for whatever reason) then you would need to use a different API - please see our docs here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/creating-custom-orders.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

khaos337 avatar image khaos337 commented ·
We are basically programatically opening a tab for a customer, whose items would then be manually entered by the employees. However we would like to leverage the dynamic calculation of tax and totals. From what I see that can't be done with custom orders. Is that accurate?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ khaos337 commented ·

Do you need to create the order shell in Clover? It isn't clear where the employees are going to be manually entering the line items (on the device, or via your integration/Clover REST API). If via your app you can create a pseudo order shell on your end and then use the checkouts API as the order is built (storing the state of the order as it is in progress on your end only). Then once that is complete, you could submit the order.

0 Likes 0 ·
khaos337 avatar image khaos337 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
The employees would be adding the items on the clover device.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community