question

Christopher Hayes avatar image
Christopher Hayes asked Christopher Hayes commented

Clover Duo with Flex?

Clover Duo currently comes with the Mini for cardholder interaction (i.e. - cashier rings up the transaction on the Duo tablet, cardholder interacts with the mini to complete the transaction). My question is can the mini be swapped out and the flex be used instead? Without significant changes to our full integration certification?

Clover MiniClover FlexClover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Christopher Hayes commented

No, you cannot just swap in a device type of your choosing.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher Hayes avatar image Christopher Hayes commented ·

Is it possible to do it programmatically through another certification? We have a some customers that would rather use the Flex to preserve counter space. Originally we were offering them the Clover Station Pro 2018 - which would've allowed the cashier to rotate the screen to let the cardholder complete the transaction.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Christopher Hayes commented ·

If you have a question about certification, you should ask developer relations directly. I don't think a given app approval is tied to a specific piece of Clover hardware. I was answering your technical question about the Duo, you cannot use a Flex at the non-display end of a Duo technically.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christopher Hayes avatar image Christopher Hayes David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

We also noticed that the Clover Flex HUB came with the dev kit but did not come with production orders. I tested the hub on a production device and it was able to get power and wired network connection from it. I can only find the device on 3rd party sites, but the graphic that appears with it suggests connectivity to a Clover tablet, clover mini, and what looks like a 3rd party POS icon. See attached. cloverflexhubdiagram.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community