question

mathmonster avatar image
mathmonster asked sam Deactivated commented

Card token via api

Hello,

I am looking at v3/merchants//payments/?expand=cardTransaction endpoint where I can retrieve card info which was used for payment. I wonder if it is possible to fetch the card token here that would be used to make subsequent payment (through /pay endpoint) without the need to swipe the card again. Or is it mandatory to go through this flow https://docs.clover.com/faq/how-do-i-...

Thanks!

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Miguel avatar image
Miguel Deactivated answered

You cannot get the card token with the v3/merchants/{mId}/payments endpoint. You can only access the token in the response after your app's successful payment with Secure Pay or Developer Pay.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sykhira avatar image
sykhira answered sam Deactivated commented
@miguel I am not sure it is possible to get a token after secure pay. The field is always empty. For developer pay it works but requires manual input of card data.
1 comment
10 |2000

sam avatar image sam commented ·

It is possible to get vaultedCard using Secure Pay (Android) or Dev Pay (API). The merchant gateway will need to be pointed to a processor, not BLACKHOLE. If this is the case, please contact dev@clover.com to request gateway change.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community