question

mattgx avatar image
mattgx asked mattgx commented

New developer to Clover, several quick and easy questions

I'm looking to build a web app that aggregates overview of sales for the past day, week, month for several merchants. I've immersed myself in various questions here and the docs and my demo merchant account. I have various questions...

1. An "overview of sales" for a given timeframe cannot be pulled from the API (eg. like a report), correct?

2. If I'm right on #1, I'll have to use payments ( GET /v3/merchants/{mId}/payments ) to get this info. I specifically want to extract the info under Payments -> Summary heading, "Gross Online Payments" and "Gross Offline Payments" – Net $. Correct?

3. If I'm correct on #1 and #2, I can use the createdTime query to select a time range? Or, this API call will return all payments and I can filter based on createdTime? The former sounds more efficient, but I don't seem to be able to do that in my limited testing.

4. Is there any way to load a bunch of test data into my demo Merchant account so I can test this?

5. I sent an e-mail to appmarketbusiness@clover.com with a few questions. I haven't heard back in 3 days, I'm assuming it's best to ask any questions here given what I've seen here so far.

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated answered mattgx commented
  1. You are correct. You will have to formulate that data yourselves.
  2. Like you said you will have to do the match yourself.
  3. You should be able to filter for ranges: https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/api_do... test here with what you want to do.
  4. Nothing yet.
  5. Devask is the best place to ask development questions. Appmarketbusiness@clover.com is more for getting your app to market.
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mattgx avatar image mattgx commented ·

James, thank you a ton for your quick response – it builds my trust and makes me look forward to investing my time here.

I was doing as you suggested with #3, testing there, but I have no data to test with since my merchant account is empty. If there's no way to get test data, I'll see if I can get read only access to a live account to get some data unless you have any other two cents here on populating a merchant account.

1. Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

Best way to do it would be just add random data.

0 Likes 0 ·
mattgx avatar image mattgx commented ·

I haven't tried this yet, but I imagine it's possible to create 3 dummy merchants in sandbox (or more), correct? eg. I'm not limited to one?

0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

You can have multiple merchants.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community