question

pschndrzm avatar image
pschndrzm asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Orders visible on multimode terminals

I have one restaurant with Two Clover POS terminals. They set it up so each Terminal has its own Merchant ID. In the old system a server could go to terminal one and enter an order and then later could go to a different terminal (terminal 2) and see the order and close it out. In other words all orders could be seen and processed on both terminals no matter which one a server used. This is now not working and I can't figure out how to make the two machines "talk".

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I am a bit unclear on what you are asking. This merchant just reset up their Clover account or something? Or by "old system", do you mean another non-Clover POS? Regardless, this sounds like a question for Clover support (number on the help app on the device).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pschndrzm avatar image
pschndrzm answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I have called several times no help. To clarify, I bought a restaurant. The previous owner had an older clover POS that he was leasing. Each of his terminals also had different MIDs. But staff was able to see orders on both terminals. They could enter an order on Terminal A and then go to Terminal B and cash out and vice Versa.

My new equipment comes and they I also have two MIDs but no one can see the orders on both terminals. So if an order is put in on Terminal A it must be cashed out on Terminal A. If they use Terminal B it must be cashed out on Terminal B.

In other words they do not talk and everyone said that on the former POS that was in place you could see all orders for both Terminals.

Hope this helps better explain.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

If you have multiple Clover merchants and each terminal is assigned to a different merchant you will not be able to see orders from one merchant on the other merchant's device. So perhaps the previous owner was mistaken about their set-up.

This community is monitored by engineers and we provide developement assistance to third parties that build applications on Clover's platform. We aren't able to answer questions like this, so please try contacting Clover Support (I am not sure what they told you the previous times).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community