question

fms avatar image
fms asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Clover Station and Flex Barcode scanning without Check digit

Can Clover Flex scan the barcode without the last digit (called as check digit)?

Currently it is scanning whole 12 digits but we only want to scan first 11 digits by skipping the last digit.

Is it possible to change the format of the Clover Flex scanner?

Clover FlexClover Station
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I'm not familiar with the format you're talking about. Can you link something? This https://www.barcode.graphics/check-digit-calculator/ page indicates it is part of certain barcode formats. We do not support those listed on that page AFAICT.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·
Also could you provide some examples of the barcodes which you are scanning?
0 Likes 0 ·
fms avatar image fms Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

These are the barcodes I am scanning.

If you see each barcodes as the last small digit in the end which we don't want to scan when we scan it using Clover Flex.

I hope I am able to explain you this.

1212.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1212.jpg (172.7 KiB)
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
fms avatar image
fms answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hello any update on this?

10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Update

Sorry I misread your post. I will see if I can get an answer for you.

Original

I am guessing this has to do with how you configured/set-up your scanner, maybe this will help - https://www.clover.com/help/set-up-a-barcode-scanner/?device=6terz4VF8QU8oau6qA0Cc.

0 Likes 0 ·
fms avatar image fms David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Hello @David, Those steps are for the external scanners.

We are asking about the Clover Flex Scanner which opens up by clicking the left side button on Clover Flex. Is there any way to reprogram Clover Flex barcode scanning to not scan the last digit of the product?

All the scanners has this functionality which is basic nowadays but we don't know how to achieve this in Clover Flex.

0 Likes 0 ·
fms avatar image fms fms commented ·
Hello @David, Any update on the above you can provide please?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community