question

tacs avatar image
tacs asked rachel Deactivated commented

Permissions update

Ahoy.
I was updating my app to read and update orders, so i gave permissions to read and write orders on app settings, but its not working.
I reinstalled app through web platform, i forced sync on clover app market, i even updated my APK with a new version code, and still i got the exception of permissions denied for Rorder... (package com.X.X does not have permission ORDERSR)
What else i need to do?
Im using android emulator.
By the way, is there anyway to email a bill or preview on web like the payments?
Cheers

Edit: so i tried to disable my inventory read permission and i reinstalled app though web platform and i still have permission to it... How the permissions are supposed to update?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

rachel avatar image
rachel Deactivated answered rachel Deactivated commented

Hi @Tacs,

Permissions should update when the app is uninstalled and then reinstalled via "Preview in App Market" page from your Developer Dashboard. If you've done that, then it sounds like you're inadvertently using the old token with its old set of permissions.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tacs avatar image tacs commented ·

Hoy.
Thanks for the answer but it didnt really help me. Ive reinstalled the app using clover app market, but it still didnt work.
What you mean im using the old token?
Is some cache thing from clover app market? Ill try to clear data from clover market and reinstall it, tomorrow morning.
My code isnt saving any tokens...
Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
rachel avatar image rachel commented ·

Try getting the device's token per this thread, but be careful to follow Jeff's caveat about only passing the force argument if you get a failure, and implementing it such that you will give up after a set number of retries.

0 Likes 0 ·
tacs avatar image tacs commented ·

It did not work...
I get the account using this: CloverAccount.getAccount(context) and then i query using context.getContentResolver().query(InventoryContract.Item.contentUriWithAccount(getAccount(context)), ...)
Anyway, i found a workaround by clearing the data from clover app and then signed in again and that way forced the token.
Thanks anyway.
Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community