question

alexander avatar image
alexander asked alexander commented

Can I group items in my inventory?

Can I group items, after items are set in my inventory? If not, can someone please help me set up my inventory in groups via the REST API coding that I have found?

Back Story:
I have a long list of items in each of my categories (which is time-consuming and not efficient upon checkout), but I could easily get it to only 5-7 in each if I could group the main item and have the variants pop-up to choose from.

I know I can add items with variants, and have tried this out in my Inventory... but it only shows the grouped label under "All Items" in my Register, which is then mixed in with my entire list of items and defeats the purpose of grouping for time efficiency.

I also realize that the use of Modifiers could be an option, but I need to track inventory and there's no way to input a product code, sku or quantity, so that rules that option out.

I found this article https://docs.clover.com/docs/managing-items-item-groups#creating-an-item-group-for-item-variants which seems to be exactly what I need, but I haven't the slightest clue how or where exactly to do this. Is there someone out there that can help me do this or achieve my desired solution?

Thank you for any guidance on this!

Inventory
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered alexander commented

Can you provide an example of your current inventory (perhaps some screenshots) and exactly how you want it to display/be categorized?

10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alexander avatar image alexander commented ·

Hi @David Marginian, thanks for responding!

If it could behave how it does with the Item with Variants, but keep/show it grouped under its category title instead of All Items, I'd be happy. (But it shows it grouped under All Items, and broken out under the Category.)

For instance, we sell a drink in 5 flavors and each 3 different sizes. If I could group it by the flavor, and when I click on it, it pops up the size options to choose/select.

Image 1 - Using it how it is:

img-9513.jpg

Image 2 - Example of how I'd like it to be:

screen-shot-2021-06-30-at-110923-am.png

I apologize for the blurry images--not sure how to screenshot my Flex.

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ alexander commented ·
I am a bit confused, your how it is image has 3 screenshots. It appears the two on the left are how you would like it to be and the one on the far right is how you would like it to be, correct? You do not want to see each Flavor listed as Flavor 1 small, Flavor 1 medium, etc. instead you want to see Flavor 1 and then you select it and it shows the sizes, correct? Can you provide you merchant id in a moderator's only comment (hit "Viewable by all users" under the submit button).
0 Likes 0 ·
alexander avatar image alexander David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, they are very similar--the only difference is that right now it will not group under the category, but only under All Items, which defeats the purpose.

I'd also like to be able to group my already input inventory items--and it looks like to have an "Item w/ Variants" can only be done with new items.

It seems like it should be as easy as a new ItemGroup column??

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
@ is this easily possible?
0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry, I apologize, I haven't had time to look into this. I will try to take a look this weekend.
1 Like 1 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered alexander commented

I played around with this, and I do not see a way to do this. I will need to ping the POS team and get back to you.

7 comments
10 |2000

0 Likes 0 ·

You already have done that via the UI. But yes, I tried some API calls and I couldn't get my items with variants to be grouped within the category.

0 Likes 0 ·
alexander avatar image alexander David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
Oh! OK... darn. Would it be easier to be able to add more details/tracking to the Modifiers (such as sku, upc, quantity, cost, etc.)?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community