question

jonathanci avatar image
jonathanci asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Redirect url with different domains

Hi,

I have many customers and they install my webapp on their own domain.

How can i configure my app -> redirecturl and cors to use each of their domain?

Do I have to create one app for each of my client with a domain?

semi-integrations
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

That is not possible and you certainly don't want a separate app for each customer. I would route them to your server which could then redirect to the appropriate domain. You won't be able to make API calls directly from the browser though (due to CORS), you will have to proxy them.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonathanci avatar image jonathanci commented ·

Ok, I understand. But customers that are on their own sever don't want to rely on our servers at all.

1. But I could have, if I want, a separate app(private) for each customer that is on his own server. And one app for customers that we are hosting on our server. Right? Is this a problem? Other than have to pass the app approval multiple times.
  2. When you say I won't be able to make api call, does it include remote pay? Because I could do the redirection for initial configuration. And I could retreive device list from backend. but I have to establish the wss connection browser side.
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

1) It's a problem because app approvals take a long time and resources. This would be an exceptional case (you would basically just be modifying the site/cors url per app) and I agree this should be able to be expedited, but I am not certain the approval team will see things that way.

2) Yes, unfortunately (I forgot that you were using Remote Pay Cloud). Remote Pay Cloud makes a request to our server when initializing the connection and that call will be rejected by the browser if the CORS URL does not match the request origin.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonathanci avatar image jonathanci commented ·

What about a private app? Can I not submit an app and still use it privately for a particular merchant?

I think I really need a separate app for one particular customer as proxy a wss connection would not be as reliable.

I found that in another post and I want to know if it is still possible :

https://community.clover.com/questions/2749/developing-private-clover-applications.html
Bryanne Vega répondu · Aug 31 2016 à 6:41 AM LOCKED POSTLOCKED

You can become a clover developer, then build your app under your wife's merchant account. Just don't publish it, it'll be private and you're not required to do policies or provide support.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ jonathanci commented ·

Yes, you can have a private app, but a private app still requires approval.

What Bryanne said is not and never has been in compliance with our terms. Also, an app must be installed by the merchant in order for you to obtain an access token. A merchant can't install a private app, we must "push" it to the merchant.

"I think I really need a separate app for one particular customer as proxy a wss connection would not be as reliable."

It isn't the wss connection that would need to be proxied, it is the original request to our servers that the SDK makes. Unfortunately, you don't have control over this call so you can't proxy it. We do have integrators that use the SDK on their servers (Node), not sure I would recommend that but it is possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonathanci avatar image jonathanci David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

How can i do a private app? Is it part of the submission or maybe it is an option after the app is approved? I don't find nothing about it except old threads that don't seems relevant.

"Unfortunattely, you don't have control over this call so you can't proxy it."

I am afraid that the only way to go is going to have a separate app for my customers that are in separate domain. If we can't (clover approval team refuse), I'm also afraid that I'm gonna be obligated to ask the customer to enlist himself as a developer to have his own private app on his domain.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community