question

crod93 avatar image
crod93 asked jacobsparrie sent

How do I revert to a previous version of APK?

We have updated a test APK in sandbox 2.x.x, and this version download to a few dev devices. I withdrawal the app from the sandbox dashboard and submitted the previous version of 1.x.x, however, 2.x.x keeps getting downloaded on the device instead of 1.x.x even though it has a status of "Submitted". Please advise, thanks.

Clover Android SDKclover developer communitySandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Richelle Herrli avatar image
Richelle Herrli answered Richelle Herrli commented

There is no way to roll back to a previous SDK. You will need to re-upload the older version of the APK and make this the default APK for your app.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

crod93 avatar image crod93 commented ·

I am in sandbox, and tried uploading the same APK under an update 1.x.x version number. However, I get an error "you must increment your APK's versionCode every time you upload. If you are testing and want to get around this, please side-load your app.". Does that imply that I must increment from 2.x.x?

0 Likes 0 ·
Richelle Herrli avatar image Richelle Herrli ♦♦ crod93 commented ·

You can either change the version number to be higher than 2.x.x or you can sideload the older APK. Both are valid options.

0 Likes 0 ·
jonahwills avatar image
jonahwills answered jonahwills edited

We have updated a test APK in sandbox 2.x.x, which has been downloaded to a few dev devices. After withdrawing the app from the sandbox dashboard and submitting the previous version 1.x.x, version 2.x.x continues to be downloaded on the devices instead of 1.x.x. Please ensure the sandbox environment has had adequate refresh time to update and reflect the correct version status.

10 |2000

philljones avatar image
philljones answered philljones edited

Firstly, ensure that you have correctly submitted version 1.x.x and that it shows a status of "Submitted" in the Google Play Console. Sometimes, changes may take a bit of time to reflect properly across all devices.

Secondly, try clearing the cache and data of the Google Play Store app on the devices where version 2.x.x is persistently downloading. This can help force the Play Store to recognize the latest version availability correctly.

Thirdly, if the issue persists, consider restarting the affected devices. Occasionally, restarting can help refresh the device's connection to the Google Play Store and prompt it to fetch the correct version.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to wait a bit longer as Google Play updates its systems. If the problem continues, reaching out to Google Play Developer Support for further assistance would be advisable, as they can investigate and provide specific guidance based on the current state of your app in their system. Or you can visit Atlanta Cava Menu.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community