question

01928-7325x2 avatar image
01928-7325x2 asked 01928-7325x2 commented

Order Receipt Missing Payment ID

We're seeing strange issue with online receipt reported by our merchants.
For example this order:
https://www.clover.com/r/FG........50

The online receipt showing 3 payments but only 2 payment ID shows up.
When pulling the payment information from REST API, the order only have one payment ID with payment amount only for the tip.

We're using E-Commerce API.
There are more orders with the same issue from different merchants.

Any thoughts about how could that happen?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered 01928-7325x2 commented

One of the payments is a void. I am guessing the web receipt does not display the void under the total. The void won't come back in the REST API unless you expand voids (I think expand=payments.voids should work).

12 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

01928-7325x2 avatar image 01928-7325x2 commented ·

Sorry if the question is confusing. We're not looking for the voided payment as the voided payment ID is in the online receipt. 3 payments, 1 voided by Clover for a certain reason. The remaining two payments are accepted but there is only one payment ID. When pulling the order data including payments field, the payment amount is 0, only the tipAmount is calculated. How come the amount is 0?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ 01928-7325x2 commented ·

Please don't post information like this publicly (you included customer's name, etc.), I have removed your screenshot.

It looks like something really strange is going on here. One thing I do notice is that there is a failed payment attempt (invalid cvv), which is, I assume, why we see the void. But then you try the payment again with a valid token, but it only goes through for 150, weird. I need to get the ecomm team involved in investigating this.

0 Likes 0 ·
01928-7325x2 avatar image 01928-7325x2 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

OK got it.
Hopefully we know the root cause and find a solution ASAP because we get this issue on daily basis and has no explanation to our merchants.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community