question

Ajmal M A avatar image
Ajmal M A asked Ajmal M A commented

How to add a custom fee to Order?

I want to add a delivery fee to the order. When adding it as a lineitem it is added as an inventory item and become part of the order.

Service fee will be like a fixed rate (like 10%) for global settings for the machine.

Is there any other option to add a custom fee like delivery fee to an order? Please help me with code samples.

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Ajmal M A commented

When adding it as a lineitem it is added as an inventory item and become part of the order.

Clover has the concept of a "service charge". However, the need to but configured ahead of time not on the fly. Don't know the context of your question but if you search for service charge in docs you should fine what you are looking for.

When adding it as a lineitem it is added as an inventory item and become part of the order.

We have the concept of a custom line item, which is a line item not backed by an inventory item. Not sure if this meets your needs but it's something to look at.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ajmal M A avatar image Ajmal M A commented ·

I want to add the delivery fee to the location according to the each order ( Which is not a predefined one like service fee). I think Custom line item will be fine. Can you please help me with documentation links to how to add custom lineitem to an order.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You'll need to provide more information about the nature of your app. Is it a web app? A Clover Android app?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community