question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Customer facing app using cloud pay display

Hello its been a while.

I see all the examples only use javascript to start the sale transaction and I do not see any code for a custom clover app.

My question is this: How can I use my custom clover app with cloud pay display?
I want my app to be showing ( always facing the customer) and when the merchant does something in the app it starts the sale process and when complete goes back to my apps home screen.

Is cloud pay display independent of my custom app? Does it override it when it receives instructions to start the payment process?

Like I mentioned all the demos are JS and do not reference a clover app at all. Very confused.

Thank you

Clover FlexRemote Pay CloudCloud Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Our Pay Display apps (including Cloud Pay Display) are for remote integrations (external POSs that take payment on a Clover device). If you have an app that is designed to run natively (on a Clover device) you can just use the Android SDK or Payment Connector.

For Android SDK usage, this post may help determine which action suits your needs - https://community.clover.com/questions/22152/action-clover-pay-vs-action-secure-pay.html.

For Payment Connector - https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-payment-connector.

8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·

Can I use my custom desktop POS app to call my custom Clover App (start the payment process)?
Or does Cloud Pay Display only interface with the clover device and not through an app? Am I making sense?

It seems like Cloud Pay Display doesn't need anything other than cloud pay display to be installed on the device. and the JS app can call it at anytime regardless if there is a custom clover app running or not. That is my take away from the js examples.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ thedangler commented ·
It seems like Cloud Pay Display doesn't need anything other than cloud pay display to be installed on the device. and the JS app can call it at anytime regardless if there is a custom clover app running or not. That is my take away from the js examples.

That is correct. Your original question "How can I use my custom clover app with cloud pay display?" was confusing as it led me to believe that you had a native app running on a Clover device.

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi David,

My intent is to have a custom app on the device running and have my own POS on the desktop. Would I use the JS lib to call cloud pay display or can I some how call an event listener from the Payment Connector inside my custom app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community