question

kocurek avatar image
kocurek asked kocurek commented

Voiding Payments

We are integrating Clover Mini's into our payment flow. Currently we allow cards taken on the same day to be Voided on that same day. Basic flow is Auth (not sale) -> Settle (at night). In between this process I would like to give the client the ability to void the payment however no matter if I use sale or auth Refund is the only option in the terminal. How are voids handled on same day transactions that have not been settled yet?

@hammer, want to give me some more details around this?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

james-cha avatar image
james-cha Deactivated answered kocurek commented

In Clover's flow in terms of the client when the refund interaction is happening it will manage the interaction in the background appropriately. If it has not been settled it will be a void else it will be a refund. But for the merchant it is visually a refund.

I'm not sure if that covers your question if not could you give me further explanation on the matter?

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kocurek avatar image kocurek commented ·

Thanks, James. We allows our clients to void current day payments. We need to know if the transaction was voided or refunded for reporting reasons.

1. Why then is there a voidPayment method in the JS lib?
  2. Using the refundPayment method looks to need an orderId and paymentId, is that correct? We don't currently save the orderId but can if need be.
  3. When calling refundPayment is there any response property that tells us if it was a void vs refund?
0 Likes 0 ·
james-cha avatar image james-cha commented ·

To clarify a bit. For you as a developer you would do the method according to the action you want. So if the merchant wants to void then you would use the voidPayment and for refunds use refundPayment. You should handle those choices in your POS logic. What happens in the back end is what I explained above but for us, you, and the merchant the flow is what you make it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community