question

charliecharlie avatar image
charliecharlie asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Clover ID changing, causing integration disconnection.

We have been seeing issues of retailers disconnecting from our service unexpectedly when they change something. This is either a processor OR hardware. This has been confirmed by contacting a retailer and confirming the(clover) merchant ID has changed and that an action they performed usually triggered it. If this is the case, what anchoring piece of information can we tie to a "retailer" so that our app can reconnect?

Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Can you provide some information on how you are integrated, otherwise we can't help.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

charliecharlie answered charliecharlie commented

Our app is integrated to clover via REST API using access tokens.

2 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

OAuth or merchant tokens? If you are using merchant tokens and do not have an app in the Clover App Market you are violating our tems. If you do have an app in the Clover App Market I would expect when these events occurr the app is uninstalled. You can try listening for the uninstall webhook - https://docs.clover.com/docs/webhooks. You can also periodically retrieve the merchants billing status via - https://docs.clover.com/reference#appsgetmerchantbillinginfo-2.

1 Like 1 ·
charliecharlie avatar image charliecharlie David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

This is very helpful, thank-you. I will check with our Devs in the morning. P.S. We have an authorised app in the app store.

0 Likes 0 ·
charliecharlie answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I have not been able to find a "hardware" upgrade video that explains what happens when they get a new POS/provider. Do apps automatically transfer over, or only some.

Dev feedback below

We use oauth

Also merchant is not uninstalled

So merchant doesnt uninsstall our app rather merchant switches to a new location/account

and our apps do not get carried over

3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

No, apps don't "carry over". Did you try https://docs.clover.com/reference#appsgetmerchantbillinginfo-2 with the old merchant id?

1 Like 1 ·
charliecharlie avatar image charliecharlie David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So if "I" as an existing merchant, upgrade my hardware for whatever reason, I have to manually download all of the apps on my new machine ?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ charliecharlie commented ·

I don't believe so. You are talking apples and oranges here. Switching an account (new MID) isn't the same as getting a new piece of hardware for your existing merchant account.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community