question

omkar avatar image
omkar asked omkar commented

Employee Clocked in / Clocked out

Hello Dev,

I am developing app where manager is need to know which employee (Driver) is available on that day for assigning orders, and also want to know till what time he is going to be there in shop,I searched on clover api i get that there is Shift concept but need to know in details as there is * IN TIME* and OUT TIMEwhich employee is going to clock in and clocked out respectively. So where the merchant are allowed to set shift timing (End of day time ) of the employees so that i can use that for available time functionality.

What is overrideInTime,OverrideOutTime param in response of Shift?

Is there any snippet available from Shift app of clover for report of employees on the end of day?

Is there any functionality for employee login silently programmatically as EmployeeConnector.Login() functionality asks for pin the there is no callback to check if its authenticated or not.

Employees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered omkar commented

I am developing app where manager is need to know which employee (Driver) is available on that day for assigning orders, and also want to know till what time he is going to be there in shop

Please take a look at the Employees REST API: https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/emp...

What is overrideInTime,OverrideOutTime param in response of Shift?

An override is when a manager, or similarly privileged individual changes the employees shift in or out time. For example, the employee clocks out but then ends up working for another hour.

Is there any snippet available from Shift app of clover for report of employees on the end of day?

You can use this API:https://www.clover.com/apidocs#!/employees/GetEmployeeShifts to get all shifts for an employee. You'd need to couple that with this: https://www.clover.com/apidocs#!/employees/GetEmployees to get all the employees first.

Is there any functionality for employee login silently programmatically as EmployeeConnector.Login() functionality asks for pin the there is no callback to check if its authenticated or not.

Login != clock in. Login means they entered their pin to unlock the Clover device. No, you cannot do that programmatically since it requires the employee to enter their PIN. If you meant clock in, yes, you can use this API: https://www.clover.com/api_docs#!/emp... to clock in an employee.

As in ordinary situation we manager define shift time for employee and clock in and clock out used to track the employee timings

Clover doesn't manage shift times. For that you can use an app like Homebase available on the Clover app market.

Can employee clock in and clock out in day multiple times ?

Yes.

and if manager set override clock out time for one order is employee allowed to clock out before that time ?

If I understand you, that's not how an override works. A manager override allows the manager to change the clock in / out time for an employee.

so i want to implement this functionality by our side so what types of conditions should be check like if clocked out can he be able to assign the order to him etc ?

Not clear what you are saying here. Shifts, as implemented by Clover is a pretty simple app. It doesn't integrate into the rest of the system with checks like you are suggesting. To do such things, other applications running on Clover would need to integrate with your notion of shifts. You'd need to expose an interface for them. For example, if like you say you wanted to prevent a clocked out employee from opening an order, every app that opens orders needs to be modified to query your shifts interface to understand what employee is clocked in and out.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

omkar avatar image omkar commented ·

Hello, I am bit confused with clock in clock out concept can you please explain?

As in ordinary situation we manager define shift time for employee and clock in and clock out used to track the employee timings

Can employee clock in and clock out in day multiple times ?and if manager set override clock out time for one order is employee allowed to clock out before that time ?

so i want to implement this functionality by our side so what types of conditions should be check like if clocked out can he be able to assign the order to him etc ?

1 Like 1 ·
omkar avatar image omkar commented ·

Can anyone explain please ?

1 Like 1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community