I got an email from "Someone on the clover team" asking me to send my passport to an email.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Clover App Market as a developer! As part of the approval process, Clover verifies the individual and corporate (if provided) information on the application.
To proceed, we need scans of the following documents:
- A valid, unexpired passport
- Proof of home address. This can be a phone or utility bill showing the same name and address as your Clover Developer Application.
When you are ready to send the documents, do the following:
- Verify that your documents match the information in your developer application. Redact any account numbers or other sensitive information not needed for verification.Log on to your. Check under Developer settings.Check the information listed in the Identity Verification section against your documents.
- Scan your documents and redact any account numbers or other sensitive information not needed for verification.
- Email the documents to XXXXX@u.box.com
We will review your developer account and reach out again if we need additional information. Please provide all documents required for verification within 10 business days of receiving this email or your application may be rejected.
I find this very concerning since there's no portal on the website that asks this information, for a company (Clover) to work in the financial and banking sector I find this very alarming if this is not someone trying to phish my information.
Is this a valid email?