question

wonki121 avatar image
wonki121 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Simple payment website integration with iFrame.

Hi there,

I am trying to build simple online website payment using iframe integration.

Do I still need to register and publish app from dashboard even though it

is a just simple pay integration to our website? Do I need to use Oath?

Thank you,

Alex

OAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

If the integration is for a single merchant, no you do not need an app. You can generate a token from the merchant dashboard:

1) Select "Setup"

2) Select API Tokens

3) Select the "Create New Token" button

4) Check the permissions required for the API calls your integration makes

5) Check Enable online card payments

6) Select the hosted iframe option and the "Create Token"

Two tokens will be generated, the public one is the pakms, the private one is for the charge apis.

6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hamza319 avatar image hamza319 commented ·

Hey David,

I have the same question. I'm probably being a complete idiot but where can i find the pakms and private token. In the sandbox, I can't find steps 5 and 6. i've just got one token.

1606109721902.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1606109721902.png (104.1 KiB)
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ hamza319 commented ·

Go ahead and try again, I don't think it was enabled on sandbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
Naeem Hassan avatar image Naeem Hassan commented ·

Hi David,

I am having same problem and want to pull Merchant data for his own website using REST Api. But I am stuck to requirement of publish app on production which only have to be used by merchant own website. In your answer you mentioned that in that case no need to publish app and obtain access token from Merchant Setup > API Tokens.

But in documentation create-an-api-token it is mentioned that obtain access token like that and use in production is forbidden, can you please guide is it still a correct way?

token-clover.png

0 Likes 0 ·
token-clover.png (44.2 KiB)
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Naeem Hassan commented ·

I answered your question in the new thread that you started.

0 Likes 0 ·
sharontimko avatar image sharontimko commented ·

Hi David,

How do you use the private token generated for the charge apis? I am at the point in the guide over at https://docs.clover.com/docs/using-the-clover-hosted-iframe where it says it requires an oauth generated auth_token. Can the private key be used for the auth_token?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sharontimko commented ·
Yes, the private key can be used, BUT, merchant tokens should only be used for single merchant integrations. If you have an integration designed for multiple merchants, you will need an app, that app must go through our approval process, and you must use OAuth tokens.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community