question

jeffriley avatar image
jeffriley asked jeffriley commented

Need my starters to be at the top of the receipt!

Does anyone have a handy helpful hint to allow us to fix a really frustrating problem with Clover?

We have a restaurant client who expected his kitchen receipts for a table to have his starters at the top and the mains below - something most chefs expect but his orders are being mixed up and I've been told that Clover can't distinguish between starters and mains?

Surely this is a basic requirement of a restaurant Epos?

Does anyone have a work around thanks in advance?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

James Tickett avatar image
James Tickett answered jeffriley commented

Have you tried using Categories/Item Groups? This seems to be suitable for what you need.

I'm not using the Clover Inventory for items as we have our own system for that which interfaces with Clover. When it comes to ordering, we create our own lineitem objects to add to a new order, and then pass it through to Payment.

I found that adding text to the lineItem field "binName" caused receipts to group these together and title the sections with that text. I can't find the documentation for this field, but I suspect it's the same as using groups/categories.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeffriley avatar image jeffriley commented ·

Thanks for the response, we'll have a look at it. We have set up categories but not item groups so will see where that takes us!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community