question

caspersfood avatar image
caspersfood asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

How can I display my current order?

Hello,

I am wanting to implement Clover in my fast food restaurant but I need to know I can make my goal happen.

I will have two Clover stations one at the front counter and one in the drive thru window and one clover mini also at the drive thru. I need to be able to display on a separate screen (preferably thru PHP programming) the line items of the CURRENT order being taken on the clover mini (this screen will be outside at the speaker box so a customer can see their order.)

Or alternatively if anyone can think of a better method of showing this information.

REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

This is technically possible, and there are probably a few ways to do it. One way would be to use webhooks (https://docs.clover.com/docs/webhooks). You would need to create a private app (contact appmarketbusiness@clover.com) that would run on the display at the drivethru speaker. Via webhooks we can push a message to your server upon order create/update and your server could then retrieve the order details (via our REST API) and push it to the app running on the display. You would need to uniquely identify drivethru orders so the drivethru speaker display doesn't display order data from in-store orders being taken at the same time. Assuming you are planning only a single drivethru speaker/display you could do this via a "drivethru" order type (https://www.clover.com/help/enter-order-types/).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community