question

Rachel Redding avatar image
Rachel Redding asked David Marginian Deactivated rolled back

Credit Force Decline after the transaction finshes

When I try to run a Credit Force and supplying the auth number, the device displays the transaction was successful and right after the device dings and the transaction on Clover Dashboard displays Payment Failed. Does anyone know why this is happening? My serial Number: C042UQ91720700, PaymentID: N3CMAMKXZAFMY. I am using the Sandbox environment

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

The device was offline (either disconnected from the internet, or our test gateway was down) when the payment was attempted and your merchant is not configured to allow offline payments. I am not sure what "the transaction was successful" means but you should certainly not be receiving a successful payment response in your POS (Update, at the time I wrote this, I was not aware you were forcing the payment offline). If you want more information you are going to have to include some more details (payment request, response, etc.)

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rachel Redding avatar image
Rachel Redding answered David Marginian Deactivated rolled back

I ran another Credit Force that had this happen. Here is the Clover Request and Response that we are receiving:

Clover request ---------------------------- {"DisableCashback":true,"TaxAmount":0,"TippableAmount":600,"AllowOfflinePayment":true,"ApproveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt":null,"TipAmount":0,"TipMode":2,"ForceOfflinePayment":true,"SignatureThreshold":0,"SignatureEntryLocation":2,"AutoAcceptSignature":false,"TipSuggestions":[],"DisablePrinting":true,"CardNotPresent":true,"DisableRestartTransactionOnFail":true,"Amount":600,"CardEntryMethods":36623,"VaultedCard":null,"ExternalId":"FMVHfm7XvdAQacotrbuREWmNo6QdpZci","Type":0,"DisableDuplicateChecking":false,"DisableReceiptSelection":true,"AutoAcceptPaymentConfirmations":false,"Extras":{},"RegionalExtras":{"FISCAL_INVOICE_NUMBER_KEY":"","INSTALLMENT_PLAN_KEY":""},"ExternalReferenceId":null}
Clover response ---------------------------- {"Payment":{"id":"FBMKF082HWP46","order":{"id":"9CYS7YTMH3FNJ"},"device":null,"tender":{"id":"ESSG9HYHH32M4","editable":false,"labelKey":"com.clover.tender.credit_card","label":"Credit Card","opensCashDrawer":false,"supportsTipping":false,"enabled":true,"visible":true,"instructions":null},"amount":600,"tipAmount":0,"taxAmount":0,"cashbackAmount":0,"cashTendered":null,"externalPaymentId":"FMVHfm7XvdAQacotrbuREWmNo6QdpZci","employee":{"id":"6R1ZS8HG9TAXW"},"createdTime":*********8437,"clientCreatedTime":0,"modifiedTime":0,"offline":true,"result":0,"cardTransaction":{"paymentRef":null,"creditRef":null,"cardType":1,"entryType":0,"first6":null,"last4":"5032","type":0,"authCode":null,"referenceId":null,"transactionNo":"100084","state":1,"extra":{"cvmResult":"NO_CVM_REQUIRED"},"begBalance":0,"endBalance":0,"avsResult":0,"cardholderName":null,"token":null,"vaultedCard":null},"serviceCharge":null,"taxRates":[],"refunds":null,"note":null,"lineItemPayments":null,"additionalCharges":null,"voidReason":0,"dccInfo":null,"transactionSettings":{"cardEntryMethods":36623,"disableCashBack":true,"cloverShouldHandleReceipts":false,"forcePinEntryOnSwipe":null,"disableRestartTransactionOnFailure":true,"allowOfflinePayment":true,"approveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt":null,"signatureThreshold":0,"signatureEntryLocation":2,"tipMode":4,"tippableAmount":600,"disableReceiptSelection":true,"disableDuplicateCheck":null,"autoAcceptPaymentConfirmations":null,"autoAcceptSignature":null,"forceOfflinePayment":true,"tipSuggestions":null,"regionalExtras":{"FISCAL_INVOICE_NUMBER_KEY":"","INSTALLMENT_PLAN_KEY":""}},"germanInfo":null,"appTracking":null,"cashAdvanceExtra":null,"transactionInfo":{"languageIndicator":null,"transactionLocale":null,"accountSelection":0,"paymentRef":null,"creditRef":null,"refundRef":null,"creditRefundRef":null,"fiscalInvoiceNumber":null,"installmentsQuantity":0,"installmentsPlanCode":null,"installmentsPlanId":null,"installmentsPlanDesc":null,"cardTypeLabel":null,"stan":0,"identityDocument":null,"batchNumber":null,"receiptNumber":null,"reversalStan":0,"reversalMac":null,"reversalMacKsn":null,"terminalIdentification":null,"merchantIdentifier":null,"merchantNameLocation":null,"maskedTrack2":null,"receiptExtraData":null,"selectedService":0,"transactionResult":0,"transactionTags":null,"txFormat":0,"panMask":null,"transactionSequenceCounter":null,"applicationPanSequenceNumber":null,"reversalReason":0,"isTokenBasedTx":false,"origTransactionSequenceCounter":null,"transactionSequenceCounterUpdate":null},"signatureDisclaimer":null,"externalReferenceId":null,"merchant":null},"IsSale":true,"IsPreAuth":false,"IsAuth":false,"Signature":null,"Success":true,"Result":0,"Reason":null,"Message":null}

3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Can you provide more information on the type of card you are using? Does that card work if you don't force offline (run the transaction as online)? It looks like the gateway is returning an error. Because you are forcing offline it makes sense that we send you a success back, in a normal offline scenario we don't know if the payment was successful or not, but because you are forcing it the payment can essentially go to the gateway at the same time we are sending a response and fail very quickly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rachel Redding avatar image Rachel Redding David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The card that I am using does work with other transactions as well as when forcing an auth. Is there a setting that we need to make in order to force offline transactions successfully? Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ Rachel Redding commented ·

No, I would try using another card.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community