question

hardikmehta avatar image
hardikmehta asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Create Order confusion needs to clear with clover team

Dear Clover Team,

As per my understanding and bases of all community post and other material. if i want to create one order with multiple line items including multiple Modifier group in line item wise so i need to follow below mentioned steps.

please let me know if my steps in you can decrease API calls or i am going wrong way.

Step 1 - First of all i need to create one order with status open.

step - 2 after order id generation i need to call Clover POST API for add all line items against this order.

step 3 - after adding all items against order i need to add modifier-group. so for this process i need to call post API for line item wise one by one all modifier groups. Example : in my line item 3 modifier-groups then i need to call 3 API call for adding this Modifier-groups against single line item on this order.

May be this will help to other developers.

Thanks,

Hardik

clover developer community
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Currently, this is largely correct and also explained a bit here - https://docs.clover.com/docs/working-with-orders. For step 3 you mean modifiers/modifications not modifier groups. For example, a pizza and ice cream shop may have one modifier group defined for pizza toppings where the modifiers assigned to that group are pepperoni, green peppers, etc. And another modifier group defined for ice cream toppings where the modifiers assigned to that group are chocolate syrup, whipped cream, etc. It is the modifiers/modifications that are assigned to line items, not the modifier groups.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community