question

lenab avatar image
lenab asked gemmalyly answered

signature screen

Hi

I am doing c# for windows semi-integration

Starting last week in sandbox I am no longer getting signature screen on my device.

I do get confirm signature on pos with empty signature object.

used to work fine. see details of my sale request:

semi-integrationsSandboxSale
1599141679367.png (23.6 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

There are all sorts of rules whether or not the signature screen appears and in sandbox this is further complicated by the use of an emulated (not real) gateway. I can look into this but I will need a payment id (please provide that in a private/moderators only post).

0 Likes 0 ·
lenab avatar image
lenab answered lenab commented

Hi David

I set explicitly

SaleRequest.SignatureEntryLocation = DataEntryLocation.ON_SCREEN

and now it shows the signature screen.

Looks like it is no longer a default value.

23 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

No, this is not related to the SignatureEntryLocation. I tried this locally and if the payment is greater than 50$ the signature screen will be displayed, if <50 it won't. I am guessing that you just happened to run a payment for more than 50$.

0 Likes 0 ·
lenab avatar image lenab David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I always do payments for more than 50$ and it was not showing the screen.

But after I set the SignatureEntryLocation it did

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ lenab commented ·

I can't reproduce that behavior and it doesn't make any sense unless you updated your SDK or something.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
lenab avatar image
lenab answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

there is no such a thing

1599232516976.png (358.5 KiB)
2 comments
10 |2000

Interesting, do you have other devices you can check?

0 Likes 0 ·
lenab avatar image lenab David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

flex is the same

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Update:

I just confirmed that your tip/signature entry location setting is set to on paper as default. Once again, I am not certain why or how this changed but it explains the behavior you are seeing.

Settings are applied first from the request and then from the device and finally from the merchant. If you set the data entry location to ON_SCREEN then when a signature is required it should always show up on the screen regardless of device/merchant settings.

4 comments
10 |2000

lenab avatar image lenab commented ·

ok, but if i pass it in my request than it should always ask for it, right?

As long as behavior does not change unpredictably its fine

0 Likes 0 ·

Correct, if you set the data entry location to ON_SCREEN then when a signature is required it should always show up on the screen regardless of device/merchant settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
lenab avatar image lenab commented ·

can you mark that as an answer, please?

0 Likes 0 ·

I just confirmed that your tip/signature entry location setting is set to on paper as default. Once again, I am not certain why or how this changed but it explains the behavior you are seeing.

0 Likes 0 ·
gemmalyly avatar image
gemmalyly answered

They often use capacitive or resistive touchscreen technology, which allows the device to detect and record the pressure and movement of a stylus or finger as a person signs their name.

connections unlimited

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community