question

Alan avatar image
Alan asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Creating a hidden order type

Hi Clover, I'm looking for a follow up on an old question about hiding custom order types from the register app. https://devask.clover.com/question/21...

It looks like the issue still exists? Are there any workarounds since?

I tried the suggested workaround adding a default order type, but my custom order type still appears in the register app, and the workaround is pretty messy as i'm not exactly sure the different edge cases to test for, and i'm also suddenly changing the order type of a merchant's regular orders in their reporting app.

(Do comments on old questions notify people, or is it best to just open a new question each time?)

Thanks, Alan

Orders
9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alan avatar image Alan commented ·

I'm doing the same as @BrettD , the isHidden field isn't being considered. @Sam I hate to complain, but in the majority of the devask questions, I believe giving an example of how it should be done should come well before asking developers what we are doing wrong, especially when the api documentation is so vague/poor. The majority of my clover development tasks has been trial and error which my team are finding tiresome. (Please pass this on as general feedback for clover's documentation, the support/dev team seem well meaning otherwise.)

1 Like 1 ·
sam avatar image sam commented ·

Could you share a short snippet of your code of how you're creating your ordertype?

(If the thread is more than a few months old, I recommend creating a new thread and linking to the old one)

0 Likes 0 ·
Brett Dismang avatar image Brett Dismang commented ·

We are experiencing the same issue and have for a good amount of time.

0 Likes 0 ·
sam avatar image sam commented ·

@BrettD could you send over a snippet of the code where you create the Order Type setting the to hidden?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brett Dismang avatar image Brett Dismang commented ·

Well, we use the API to create the orderType. The API for this is documented here https://www.clover.com/api_docs/#!/me... The JSON data that we would typically post to this particular API endpoint would look something like the following: { "taxable": true, "filterCategories": false, "label": "Seed Dine-In", "systemOrderTypeId": "DINE-IN-TYPE", "isHidden": true, "isDefault": true, "hoursAvailable": "ALL", }

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

This feature is available now. Custom order types that have isHidden set to false will not be displayed in the Clover Register app.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community