question

leemorgan avatar image
leemorgan asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

How do I check the status of an order through the API?

I am getting a list of orders from Clover for a merchant. I want to go through and do something with only the orders that are finished. For example, no "open" or "pending" orders. On my developer device the order shows "Status: Open" vs "Status: Paid".

I tried "paymentState", but that shows "OPEN" either way. I want to use "state" which shows either "locked" or "open". However, the docs say:

'Non-null values such as "open" and "locked" are not checked or enforced by the server. Therefore, these values should not be used to make any logical decisions about the Order."'

How should I be checked for the status of an order?

OrdersREST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

You can use paymentState but you must expand certain fields (payments, refunds, credits) - https://community.clover.com/questions/23985/same-order-id-having-different-paymentstate.html.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leemorgan avatar image leemorgan commented ·

One quick question. In the post that you linked to, you mentioned that there is a bug with it and that it should not be relied on. Do you know if that has been resolved yet or not?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ leemorgan commented ·

No the bug has not been fixed and I don't expect it to be anytime soon. As is the field cannot be relied on but with the proper expansions it can be.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community