question

dowsweje avatar image
dowsweje asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

How do I use the "add to home screen" function on the Clover Browser?

How do I get a webpage to be added to the home screen?

When I open the clover browser, browse to the website I want to save, and click on the ellipsis to get the properties menu...I select the "add to home screen," it brings up a window to save the URL name, and I click "Add" but nothing happens. It is not added to a browser "favorites" bar or to the Clover POS home screen.

I called support and the customer service rep had to escalate my issue. I asked to speak with his manager and was told, "that was just an Android function and isn't supposed to do anything."

My escalated case # is: 57850833

The following is my process, only it doesn't show the part where the URL is actually added to the Clover home screen: https://community.clover.com/questions/17309/clover-browser-adding-favorites.html

All assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

J

App MarketClover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Frank Faustino avatar image
Frank Faustino Deactivated answered Jeffrey Blattman commented

The Clover Browser is a legacy app that only exists on the Station 1 and is unfortunately no longer supported. I've updated my previous post to reflect that. Apologies for any inconvenience.

If this is a feature you'd like to see added, you're welcome to post your suggestions to our Ideas & Feedback forum.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dowsweje avatar image dowsweje commented ·

The Clover Browser app I am speaking about came pre-loaded with the factory build...if it is not supported it should never be installed from the factory. If what you're saying is true; can I install another browser or am I just stuck with a POS that give the options that I need without meeting the function that I require?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ dowsweje commented ·

It is unclear from your post whether you have a Station or a Station 2. Since you tagged your post with "Station" I believe Frank thought you have a Station 1, which is an old device.

Please keep in mind that this forum is for third party application developers that are developing apps on the Clover platform and is monitored by Clover developers to help answer technical development questions. We have a separate site for Clover merchants which is monitored by our product people (https://clover.uservoice.com/).

I agree with you, if the capability is present it seems like it should work (otherwise it should be removed from the UI). I will ask around about this and see if we should create an issue for it. If we do, I can't provide you any ETA on when or even if it will be fixed because as I mentioned above I am not a product person and I don't make these kinds of decisions. It is quite possible that this is by design because the Clover OS is locked down (as you will note only admins can open the Clover Browser).

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

This isn't something that is supported by our Launcher (adding shortcuts to the home screen). We really don't technically have a home screen in our launcher.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community