question

sebadinamic avatar image
sebadinamic asked Jeffrey Blattman edited

How to get an alert in point of sale on new order registered.

I have an integration of REST API to create orders on a web site with clover iframe integrations for pays. Everything it's ok!

I want to get an alert on the point of sale (clover station 2018) when a new order is registered and i want to print atomatic ticket. How can i do it?

Thanks!

OrdersClover Station 2018
clover-point.jpeg (121.9 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered Jeffrey Blattman edited

https://community.clover.com/questions/24078/how-to-set-listener-in-my-android-app-when-create.html

Make sure to pay attention to Jeff's qualifications on my answer:

This needs to be qualified a bit. There isn't a way to indefinitely listen for order updates because Android may remove your process because of memory / resource pressure from other apps. The best you can do is register your listener in a foreground service but even that is not guaranteed to keep it running.

The correct thing is to use Work Manager to periodically wake up and perform some work. This may not support your use case well however since Work Manager jobs aren't guaranteed to run at any particular time, and if you try to wake up frequently the OS is going to throttle your jobs.

Another option is for you to send a notification to the device when you create the order - https://docs.clover.com/docs/app-notifications (note: we highly recommend using an external message delivery service). You would need to send the notification with the Clover servers modified time that the payment was created and then follow Jeff's advice here - https://community.clover.com/questions/24117/some-times-all-line-items-not-getting-from-order-u.html.

11 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sebadinamic avatar image sebadinamic commented ·

David, i can´t understand... the image i attached previously, is a real image of the point of sale with an alert of a new order registered in clover online (or clover pickup... i don´t know the real name). I want to do the same but with the new orders registered by API REST. This is already works but not for the new orders created by API REST.

I hope you could understand my question. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sebadinamic commented ·

That is the Clover Register app. Do you have your own app on the device?

1 Like 1 ·
sebadinamic avatar image sebadinamic David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

No. I only have the the website connected with clover via REST API. i need to create an app on the device? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community