question

tombialy avatar image
tombialy asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Native App Login "Remember me"

We are building app that is deployed to Clover Workstations. Our App talks to our backend which is located on Cloud in AWS. We managed to implement OAuth via our back end (not android app). However, currently we need to login every-time when our app opens in Clover Workstation.

What is recommended "remember me" mechanism for native apps that run on Clover Hardware?

API Token
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Would you have prefered to not implement OAuth on the backend? If you could have obtained a token on the Clover device (Android SDK) would you have preferred that? Because that is possible. Basically your app running on a Clover device can use CloverAuth.authenticate() to get a token (and then store it for later use). This seems like a better flow for you but I am unsure exactly what your "login" is doing. Did you implement the Clover OAuth flow on your backend or a custom OAuth flow?

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
tombialy avatar image
tombialy answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Thanks for the prompt answer. We are following the Clover OAuth flow, however since we need to store and use Clover Access Token for background operations which we run in backend, we do oauth in the backend. I see your point about storing token in front end we will sure look into that.

On related topic, after user installs our app on their Clover Workstation for the first time how is authentication triggered? Is there documentation describing interactions when app gets installed on the Customer's Clover Stations? Especially, user's authentication. We would like to avoid the need for user to enter clover user and password (if possible obviously) for better customer experience.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I'm not talking about the front end exclusively. You can post the token from your Android app running on the Clover device to your server and store it there.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community