question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked wsadiq commented

Difference in when broadcast receiver for PAYMENT_PROCESSED is called

We have 2 development kits. Once is the first generation mini and the second is Clover Station 2018. We are getting different results on these two devices and I need some guidance on how to handle it. When a order is paid for on mini using a credit card, our payment processed broadcast receiver is not called until tip has been added and NEXT button is clicked on Mini. However, on Clover Station 2018, the payment broadcast receiver is being called as soon as the credit card transaction is approved - before adding tip and clicking on NEXT.

Is it supposed to be like this? Is this possible an option in setup somewhere that is device specific?

Some guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Clover MiniClover Station 2018
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered wsadiq commented

On the Station the tip will always come after the payment. On the mini it will always come before. This is by design and I believe explains what you are seeing.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

Hi David,

We have an application that needs the complete information about the completed order, including the tips and its payments at the end of the transaction. What is your suggestion regarding capturing the entire order information at the end of the transaction (including tips). Currently, our code works fine on mini and but fails to capture tip on station 2018. Any suggestions? I did not want to write code that does different things based on which device it is running on.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community