question

darrank avatar image
darrank asked darrank edited

How to get TenderConnector working on the Android Emulator?

Is it possible to have a working TenderConnector on the Android Emulators distributed by Google?

Custom Tenders
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darrank avatar image darrank commented ·

Can I loge this as a bug somewhere?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ darrank commented ·

I don't know much about custom tenders. But if you are launching it from the Secure Payments app you would need a devkit to test it anyway as that app is not available on an emulator - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/setting-up-an-android-emulator.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered darrank edited

Custom tenders should work on emulators. Anything that requires a card transaction will not work since there's no hardware to read cards.

Customer-facing custom tenders will not render on an emulator because an emulator does not have a customer-facing display. Merchant-facing tenders should render in the Sale and Payment app.

If you are having trouble, start by posting the error you are getting and your logcat.

Android Emulators distributed by Google?

Make sure you are using the non-Google Play emulator images. Clover does not support Google Play. It probably won't effect Clover apps on an emulator, but you may end up depending on something offered by Google that won't be present on real Clover devices.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

darrank avatar image darrank commented ·

This is the exception I get on the Android Emulator. The same code that generates this exceptions works on the Clover Station 2018 Dev Kit

1. com.clover.sdk.v1.BindingException: Could not bind to Android service
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community