question

oscarcauich avatar image
oscarcauich asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

void payments after 25 minutes

Hello, I would like to clarify a behavior we are seeing in the sandbox environment and using clover flex devices. If you send a voidPayment request even way after the 25 minute windows of the origin creditSale transaction, the void request finishes with no issues. Does that mean that the void request worked? or is the void request getting changed to a refund request on your end? nothing on the response tell us that it was run as a refund not a void. Is this the expected behavior? how it will work in production?

Voids can be used to undo two types of transactions: sales and pre-authorizations. A void cancels a sale, but the void must occur within 25 minutes of the original transaction. After that time elapses, the merchant can only refund the customer because the funding process has started. If a void is attempted after 25 minutes, Clover processes it as a refund. Voids also end a pre-authorization and release any funds held from a customer's account.

Clover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited
Does that mean that the void request worked? or is the void request getting changed to a refund request on your end? 

After 25 minutes the void will succeed but it will be processed as a refund on our end. I think that is pretty clear from the docs - "If a void is attempted after 25 minutes, Clover processes it as a refund."

nothing on the response tell us that it was run as a refund not a void. Is this the expected behavior? 

Yes, that is the expected behavior currently. If you need to distinguish a void verse refund you can use the REST API to retrieve the payment. I believe the payment will have a voidPaymentRef if void and a refund (expand refunds) if refunded. You can test this out, I am not 100% on it.

how it will work in production?

The same

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community