question

justinrichwillowtree avatar image
justinrichwillowtree asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Can I pull partial inventory?

I've got a client that hired our firm to help them improve their inventory accuracy on their public website, but they sell their product through independent agencies that use Clover. Each has their own account and are running a separate app that pushes data at the end of the day back to the main system.

I was wondering if there would be a way within the API or if it would be better served as an App to make real time requests for Inventory or Orders to balance inventory discrepancy real time, but I'm not allowed to look at products that aren't owned by the client. Is there a way to limit the response or have a custom call within Clover so I'm not privy to information I shouldn't see?

I'm also interested in ideas around logistics on how this could be leveraged overall... API call or App.

OrdersApp MarketInventoryAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

If I understand you correctly, there are two problems here:

1) Each agency your client works with would have to install your app (or provide you with a token) and grant you access to their data.

2) Data access is all or nothing. If your app requests "inventory" read permissions, you will have access to all of the merchant's inventory.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community