question

hxhkurapika22 avatar image
hxhkurapika22 asked hxhkurapika22 commented

I get an error message everytime I try to download clovr

I get this error message every time I try to download the Clovr app onto my computer. HELP!

[This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an

app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps. Settings page] *sorry cant upload a pic it was too large]. I have the app downloaded from my phone so Im sure thats not the issue but idk what to do. Someone get back to me asap

clover developer communityClover Mobile
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Are you a developer or merchant? What app are you referring to and how are you downloading it to a computer?

0 Likes 0 ·
hxhkurapika22 avatar image hxhkurapika22 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am a merchant. This happens Everytime I try to download the clovr app on pc. I get a blank file from it

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ hxhkurapika22 commented ·

What app are you referring to? Can you provide a link?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered hxhkurapika22 commented

I am not aware of any Clover app that works on a pc. Where did you obtain the link for this app? I assume you are using Clover Go, is that correct? The Clover Go docs indicate the app works on a tablet or phone (https://www.clover.com/help/clover-go/). An app downloaded from the Apple or Android app stores will not work on a computer. What are you trying to do? If you just need access to your data everything you need should be available in your dashboard - https://www.clover.com/dashboard/login.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

This sounds like the link to install the app is prompting for a download, yet the browser/OS doesn't have an app that can open it.

It could be that the developer's web app redirect URL is pointing to the wrong place.

0 Likes 0 ·
hxhkurapika22 avatar image hxhkurapika22 Bryanne Vega commented ·

How would I fix something like this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega hxhkurapika22 commented ·

Without any additional context it would be hard to troubleshoot.

First verify that the URL in the app is correct. Second, I would check how the landing page is hosted, as it can be improperly configured and triggering a download instead of displaying/rendering the wsbsite

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community