question

davidswi avatar image
davidswi asked Jacob Abrams answered

BLE Scanning on Clover Station 2018 and Mini

We are working on an App Market application that uses BLE Sigmesh to transmit data from sensors to interested, authorized receiver nodes. We only need to perform BLE scans on Clover Station 2018 and Mini, no advertising or Gatt connections from the Clover hardware to external devices. Is this scenario supported?

clover developer communityClover Station 2018Clover Mobile
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

Station (released 2014)

BT (classic only) is enabled and not restricted since it is not a PCI compliant device. It uses BT 4.0 if I am not wrong.

Mini/Mobile (released 2015)

Due to PCI restrictions and old BT version BT is severely limited. BT is only used on Mobile for pairing with the Clover BT printer. BT is not available on Mini.

Flex (released 2017)

Due to PCI restrictions and old BT version BT is severely limited. BT pairing is disabled, but it can scan.

Station (released 2018)

Supports BT 4.2 but modified to conform to PCI standards i.e has to have MITM protection, encryption and Just Works not allowed, passkey/PIN compulsory for pairing devices.

Mini Gen 2 (released 2018) & Flex Gen 2 (released 2019)

Supports BT 5.0 but modified to conform to PCI standards i.e has to have MITM protection, encryption and Just Works not allowed, passkey/PIN compulsory for pairing devices.

See Android docs for information on using the API: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth

Based on this your solution will only work on the more recent Clover devices.

Testing on a Clover devkit is going to be necessary since as mentioned some modifications to the bluetooth stack have been made.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community