question

demskigroup avatar image
demskigroup asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Tipping for Developer Pay API Getting Error

We have implemented developer pay api and added tipping and it works most of the time but some of our merchants are getting this error when adding a tip: Merchant account not enabled for tipping; please contact support

They checked and are already setup for tipping but still getting that error. Any ideas?

Developer Pay API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

If the merchant's account does not have tipping enabled you will see this error. See this post on how to detect whether the merchant configuration supports tipping or not - https://community.clover.com/questions/1171/how-to-proactively-detect-if-a-merchants-account-i.html.

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

demskigroup avatar image demskigroup commented ·

Did you read my full post? These merchants have checked with clover and clover said they were enabled.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ demskigroup commented ·

Did you read the post I linked to? I am not sure who the merchant's contacted but it is possible they looked at the incorrect property. I suggest making a call on the merchant's behalf to the urls provided below and see if tipping is supported at the gateway level.

[UPDATE] The issue apparently is with the payment gateway itself, which is a different type of tipping (tip is applied after the payment gets authed). This seems to be specifically for v2 web API Payments. By expanding the gateway on GetMerchants, you will find a property supportsTipping which should correlate directly to the gateway tipping settings.

{baseUrl}/v3/merchants/{mId}?expand=gateway or {baseUrl}/v3/merchants/{mId}/gateway

0 Likes 0 ·
demskigroup avatar image demskigroup David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So even though clover support said it was ready, that might not mean anything?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community