question

gustavo80 avatar image
gustavo80 asked Jeffrey Blattman edited

Zebra/Motorola DS9208 not communicating with Clover Station

Hi, I just purchased the Zebra/Motorola DS9208 Barcode Scanner for my Clover Mini, when I plug it in it powers up and will detect the codes I put in front of it. However, it does not show the product in the register app. i have tried to hook the scanner to a Clover Station we have at another location and we have to have the same problem. The product UPC codes are correctly entered in the Inventories app, and everything is supposed to be set up correctly, except when I scan product nothing shows up in Register. I have scanned the same products on the Station's embedded scanner (camera) and this does show up the product info, but not through the scanner. I have also connected the scanner directly to my computer to see if it is reading codes correctly and it does, as the UPC number will show up on my computer screen when I have the scanner connected to it... Any Ideas?

barcode scanner
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman edited

If you purchased the scanner not through Clover it's likely you need to configure it to send a carriage return after the scan... our software requires that.

You can test if the return is the problem by connecting the scanner to a computer and scanning. The code should be output as if a keyboard typed it. If there's no return at the end of the text, this is your problem.

The method to config this is usually scanning a particular "control" barcode. It looks like this is the method for that scanner:

https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/knowledge-articles/how-do-i-enable-an-enter-key-carriage-return-line-feed-suffix-after-each-scan.html

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community