question

petrazaladay avatar image
petrazaladay asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Accessing Flex scanner from a semi integrated app

Hi, we have a semi-integrated pos app (windows) using the flex as a payment terminal using the Network pay app.

Is it possible to access the scanner, either

1. through the network pay app (e.g. to scan products, not at the payment stage)

or

2. access the scanner through an app we can write that can co-habit with the network pay app.

Thanks.

Peter.

barcode scanner
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

1 is not possible. It seems like 2 is possible, but I don't have a lot of experience with scanners and third party apps. Jeff, can you help?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

It is theoretically possible to write your own app that uses the Clover barcode scanner SDK, then have that app respond to the Pay Display "custom activity" message so it could be started from the Windows POS. I assume you'd want to get the scan result back to the POS. I don't think the custom activity interface can help with that. Your app would need to post the result back to a server (or something) where the POS-side could access the result.

Doesn't really seem reasonable to be honest.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community