question

stevenblakemore avatar image
stevenblakemore asked stevenblakemore commented

Getting the modifiedTime for a tag using the API

The API documentation mentions that you can filter a call to /tags by the modifiedTime. I've checked and you can also order the data by modifiedTime too (e.g. '&orderBy=modifiedTime%20DESC').

What I'd like to know is if there is anyway to actually pull out the tag's modified time. Currently a call to the /tags endpoint only returns the ID and the name (with printers and items being expandable), but no modifiedTime.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Dan avatar image
Dan answered stevenblakemore commented

There is not a way to get the modifiedTime from the endpoint. What is the use case for having the modified time? It could probably be returned, but I don't know what it would be used for.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stevenblakemore avatar image stevenblakemore commented ·

Hi dan, thanks for the reply (sorry about the delay in my response, I didn't get an email notification like I expected).

We're pulling data into our own database so we can do extra reporting/analysis that isn't easily doable purely through the API or Clover back end. With labels I want to routinely check to see if any changes have been made to a label and then update it in the database. I could do this by returning the max modified time from our database and then querying the API for labels with a modified time that is more than that. Unfortunately I can't store the modified time to do this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community