question

deynega avatar image
deynega asked deynega commented

Production Token

Hello Clover Team,

We have our own ERP system which needs from time to time to verify and match Clover's transactions. The ERPS system is not a clover based or android based application, so we cannot register it as Clover App.

I just want to be sure we don't violate any Clover policies if we Instead of downloading CSV from the dashboard and upload into our ERP, will generate and use API token from the production dashboard in our ERP System ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

API TokenProduction
6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Are you a merchant or an ISV?

0 Likes 0 ·
deynega avatar image deynega Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I'm a merchant and we use in-house ERP solution

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ deynega commented ·

Okay. And what endpoint will you use to download transaction data?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
deynega avatar image deynega commented ·

Just found your comment, says "Use at your own risk".

https://community.clover.com/questions/18151/merchant-api-tokens.html

So by using production API token, we don't violate any Clover policies is that correct ?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered deynega commented

Hold on I was trying to get an authoritative answer :) You can use the merchant token.

Be aware there are rate limits so watch out for 429's and make sure your software will backoff / retry in that case. Hard to comment on specifics since you don't mention what sort of traffic you will generate. Limiting to 5 requests / s or less would be a good guideline.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

deynega avatar image deynega commented ·

Thank you very much Jeffrey.

We pull transactions randomly and we'll never exceed the clover limits of 5 requests per second.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community