question

sparkage avatar image
sparkage asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Order API: split payment between known customers

I'm trying to determine the following, if anyone can clarify:

If an order is split between two known customers (i.e., they each pay with a credit card already associated with them), will the order record contain multiple customers when queried later with the API?

If so, can each customer be matched to the payments on the order just by their index in the relevant arrays, or is there some sort of ID-based matching that can be done?

OrdersREST API
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

junctionhouse avatar image junctionhouse commented ·

Did you ever figure this out?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
If an order is split between two known customers (i.e., they each pay with a credit card already associated with them), will the order record contain multiple customers when queried later with the API?

Yes

If so, can each customer be matched to the payments on the order just by
their index in the relevant arrays, or is there some sort of ID-based 
matching that can be done?

You cannot use the customers array index within an order response to determine what payment the customer made. There is no ID based matching because customers are associated with orders, not payments.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community