question

dnlsngr avatar image
dnlsngr asked dnlsngr commented

Clock in and clock out when using Homebase

Hi there. I'm working on building out an integration, and I'm testing it out on a merchant account that uses Homebase for shifts. I know that employees clock in/clock out via thumbprint on the Clover device, and I'm trying to access that data via the Clover API.

As a note, since the "Shifts" app is disabled and we're using Homebase, I would not expect the shift information to be available via the Clover shifts api (/merchant/mId/shifts), and indeed calls to the shifts API return empty lists for all employees. However, since clock-in/clock-out is done on the Clover device, is that data available anywhere other than the shifts API?

REST APIEmployees
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Frank Faustino avatar image
Frank Faustino Deactivated answered dnlsngr commented

Are you trying to get the fingerprint scans or the employee shift data from Homebase's Time Clock app? If it's the latter, we're not privy to how Homebase stores and manages employee shift data. From my testing, it doesn't seem like they use Clover's Employee API.

What is your integration trying to achieve?

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dnlsngr avatar image dnlsngr commented ·

We are trying to get the clock-in/clock-out times from the fingerprint, not the shifts. We do not need the shifts, so we're hoping to only maintain one integration.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community