question

greg avatar image
greg asked wheme1998 answered

Several elements in subscriptionCountries?

Following request to the REST API

https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/apps/appId/merchants/mId/billing_info

returns information about the appSubscription and a field 'subscriptionCountries' containing one element (at least at my tests). Since the field is named in plural I wonder if it really can have more than one element? It would mean that a merchant has e.g. 2 subscriptions, e.g. one in the US and another in Canada. But as far as I know a merchant is always only located in one town. Is it for travelling salesman? How are, by the way, merchant ids assigned if a company has 100 salesmen who travel across the country? It wouldn't be a good deal for an app developer if one could only sell one subscription to such a company if they had only one merchantId.

REST APIMerchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I spoke with someone from the billing team and they said that currently subscriptionCountries will only ever contain 1 element and that it is an array because of the schema.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

Thanks for that! Do you also know how it works with merchant Ids at the "100 travelling salesmen company"?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ greg commented ·

No I do not, I will have to ask someone.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So the answer to this is quite complex. Generally, merchant ids are location based, but there are exceptions to this.

1 Like 1 ·
wimenag6 avatar image
wimenag6 answered

When considering "Several elements in subscription Countries," it's essential to focus on the key aspects that define the subscription model within different countries. These elements include regulatory frameworks, payment gateways, content localization, and user preferences. Each country's regulations significantly impact how subscriptions are managed, ensuring compliance with local laws and guidelines. Payment gateways need to be tailored to the region, accommodating preferred methods of transactions. Content localization is crucial for engaging the audience, making sure that the material resonates culturally and linguistically. Finally, understanding user preferences helps in crafting subscription packages that meet the specific demands of the market.

For those looking to stay updated on their visa status, it's important to regularly perform a Qatar visa medical report check to ensure that all health requirements are met for a smooth visa process. This is particularly vital as health screenings are often mandatory and can affect visa approvals

10 |2000

harry625 avatar image
harry625 answered

The `appSubscription` field indeed returns a single element in my tests, raising questions about multiple `subscriptionCountries`. If merchants had subscriptions in both the US and Canada, would each region have a unique ID? This seems essential, especially for businesses with multiple traveling salesmen. Clarifying this could be vital for app developers. For a deeper dive into such functionalities, check out our detailed guide here .

10 |2000

wheme1998 avatar image
wheme1998 answered

Several elements in subscriptionCountries suggests a diverse range of countries where subscriptions are offered, highlighting the potential for a broad international audience. This indicates that the service could cater to various markets, enhancing its reach and appeal. For instance, the inclusion of multiple countries may allow for localized content and tailored marketing strategies, potentially increasing user engagement. It’s worth noting that platforms like the latest feedbuzzard com are exploring similar strategies to connect with global users, emphasizing the exciting possibilities in the subscription model landscape.

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community