question

SAMSA Web Team avatar image
SAMSA Web Team asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Remote Pay Cloud 500 error

I’m testing the Remote Pay Cloud Starter app. I can’t seem to get the Cloud connection to work. I’ve made no changes to the code of the app. I just cloned and ran the build. I can get the Network connection to work. I’ve followed the directions here to get the OAuth access token. The error in the console is:

POST https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/v2/merchant/[merchant removed]/remote_pay?access_token=[token removed] 500 (Internal Server Error)
Logger.js?c55a:43 debug Connection error...
Logger.js?c55a:43 info 2020-01-09T15:32:56.713Z - Stopping device heartbeat checks.
Logger.js?c55a:43 info 2020-01-09T15:32:56.713Z - Not connected to your Clover device.  Attempting to reconnect now ...
Logger.js?c55a:43 debug Disconnected  Error sending alert to device. Details: status returned was not 200
Logger.js?c55a:43 debug Sending Disconnect notification to listeners Error sending alert to device. Details: status returned was not 200
index.js?fcdd:222 {message: "Disconnected"}
Logger.js?c55a:43 debug Sending DeviceError notification to listeners

I’m using the Clover Mini Dev Kit. The app id is: BMR8YXCSB1WXC

Is there somewhere I can see the logs to see what that 500 error is?

Cloud Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

You are probably either passing an invalid token or an invalid device id.

I see that you asked a similar question last week and directed it to our email. In that email you said you have followed the OAuth steps to obtain an access token. However, your app's "Default OAUTH Response" is token (testing only, not compatible with obtaining the token via the OAuth process) not code.

You have two options:

1) Switch your app's "Default OAUTH Response" to code to use the token you obtained by following the OAuth process.

2) Leave your app's configuration alone and obtain a test token by clicking the "Example OAuth Request" link in your application's REST Configuration. Select the merchant of your choice and then grab the access_token from the url.

What are you passing for device id? You need to pass the device id (not the serial). Please see our documentation on how to obtain the device id - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/cloud-sdk-v3.

If after double-checking these two values you still can't get it to work you can get more information by looking at your browser's debug console (check the network tab and let us know what call is falling).

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community