question

abellini00 avatar image
abellini00 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Clove APIQuestion

Hello,

For Clover - we would like to add an invoice number field - how can we add that with the clover machine? Also, we would like to fetch transaction information including invoice number from the API - would we work with the clover API to accomplish this or the gatweway's API (TSYS / FirstData)?

InventoryAPI Token
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

You'd use Clover APIs.

Clover Orders have a "notes" field. You could put the invoice number in that. It's not something you are going to be able to search on though. I'd suggest that you keep your own database mapping of Clover order ID to your order metadata (including but not limited to invoice number), then you can use whatever system suits you for searching that.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

abellini00 avatar image abellini00 commented ·

OK so we could NOT use the FirstData API to fetch the transaction details?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ abellini00 commented ·

You can use Clover. I don't know if you can use some other FD API.

0 Likes 0 ·
abellini00 avatar image abellini00 commented ·

Jeffrey, do we need production API credentials for each MID / clover device? Where can we request these from Clover?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ abellini00 commented ·

I answered this in the new question you posted - https://community.clover.com/questions/20315/web-app-production-api-key.html.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community