question

ramya avatar image
ramya asked Nimila Hiranya commented

Print Job for Label Printer

Is there any Print Job available for Label Printer? I checked all print jobs but didn't found related one.
Can any one suggest which Print Job, can we use for Label Printer.
Print
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

What sort of label printer?

0 Likes 0 ·
ramya avatar image ramya Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Jeffrey,

We found Label Printer Model: TSP645 SK (TSP650) to print kitchen receipts on labels (need one menu item with modifiers tobe printed on each).

We have seen Label(Fiscal) Printer option from Printers app. Is there any specific print job available for Label Printing.

0 Likes 0 ·
label-printer.png (63.4 KiB)

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Nimila Hiranya commented

We are working on label printer support but the feature is not available yet. We'll have to wait for the official release for the details. There will be print job support for it in the SDK.

I can tell you it's going to be for specific label printer models though and the Star TSP650 isn't one of them.

EDIT: Clover is adding support for the Epson TM-L90 label printer. That this point support is limited to specific merchants developers can not assume support for it across all Clover merchants. This may change in the future.

21 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ramya avatar image ramya commented ·

Thanks Jeffrey, we will wait..

0 Likes 0 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf commented ·
Has there been a recent update to the Clover SDK to support Label Printers? I read here that currently it is only supported via an App Named Easy Labels. https://www.clover.com/help/set-up-a-label-printer/?device=6bPIjSaxAQUg2eYAm6Kuiw
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ ismdcf commented ·

See my update to the answer please.

0 Likes 0 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Couple of questions on this.

1. Would this be searchable under Order Printer? or is there going to be a new Printer type called Label Printer?

2. You've mentioned that the support will be limited. Is there a process for requesting the support for this as a developer in Sandbox and as a Merchant in production?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Do you have the printer connected? If so, do you have the com.clover.epson app installed? If it's not installed, let me know I'll try to refer you to developer relations to figure out how to make that available on sandbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nimila Hiranya avatar image Nimila Hiranya Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Jeffrey, I was attempting to add the com.clover.epsonprinter app via the install_apps.py

But I get the following error. This is an emulator created using the Emulator setup in Android Studio guide.

Getting installed versions...
Getting current app data...
Updating package: com.clover.epsonprinter from version: ?, to version: 16...
/home/nimila/sdks/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools/adb install  -r -d /tmp/com.clover.epsonprinter-16.apk >>> adb: failed to install /tmp/com.clover.epsonprinter-16.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]
APK file kept at: /tmp/com.clover.epsonprinter-16.apk
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Nimila Hiranya commented ·
That app is not supported on x86 emulators since it has native ARM libs. You can try with an ARM emulator. I haven't tried this however not sure if that works either.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community