question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked Dan commented

Determine Clover plan without a network call

I would like to quickly determine if a merchant is on the Payments Plus plan or not. If they are not on Payments Plus, we would use their inventory in the app, otherwise we wouldn't.

Instead of making a slow api call for the merchant `planCode`, would this be sufficient?

boolean isMerchantPaymentsPlus = mMerchant.getModules().contains(Module.ITEMS)

I am also wondering if I need to do this every launch? Maybe it is enough to only do it once, or once a month - can merchants upgrade and downgrade at will?
Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dan avatar image
Dan answered Dan commented
The items module is currently required in order to have the inventory app installed. I'm not aware of any plans for that to change or any special cases where a merchant can have Inventory without the Items module, but I can't make that guarantee.

Merchants can upgrade and downgrade at any time, and it happens without the device rebooting.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Thanks Dan!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community