question

Dan avatar image
Dan asked kamlakar commented

Merchant connector service Binding Exception

Hi folks, when I am debugging my app these days I am very often (every time today actually) getting a BindingException thrown when using the merchant connector and calling getMerchant(). It does not seem to be a problem for the production version of the app on a Clover terminal. What could be the cause of this and can you think of a resolution? This is occurring on a 4.4.2 tablet with the 1452 Clover engine apk installed.

W/System.err:     com.clover.sdk.v1.BindingException: Could not bind to Android service
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.waitForConnection(ServiceConnector.java:162)
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.ServiceConnector.execute(ServiceConnector.java:208)
W/System.err:     at com.clover.sdk.v1.merchant.MerchantConnector.getMerchant(MerchantConnector.java:200)
Merchant
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

Hard to say for sure, can you capture the adb logcat logs around when you see this message and put it in pastebin.com ? Can you double check engine is in fact installed?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered kamlakar commented

Hi Wingnut, I've noticed this exception only when I am debugging the app as it seems like some breakpoints halt the binding of the Connector. I think the waitForConnection times out while a breakpoint is active.

My app has error messaging UI with a retry button to protect against this error state, but again, I've only ever hit this exception after stopping on a breakpoint and resuming after some time. So my best suggestion would be to safely handle this error state with additional logic.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kamlakar avatar image kamlakar commented ·

I am also facing same issue, My other application is giving proper AppId in Application

com.clover.sdk.v1.BindingException: Could not bind to Android service error given

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community