question

Asael avatar image
Asael asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Problem with production release

Last week we did a release of our application to Clover's production environment, but it was unsuccessful and at this moment we're still trying to understand what might have happened.
The application works good when it is tested on our development environments and devices, but the application gets hang on production.
The main change from one to another is the pointing URL of clover services(sandbox/production).
So the possible error that I might think is that we had a compiling error and the app won't get a response of an URL that doesn't belong to production.(just an hypothesis)

So I have this questions:
- If by error I submit an APK that is pointing to sandbox, will that pass anyway Clover's verification and signature processes ?
- Is there a way to see the logs of a customer and being able to debug a production device?
- May I have multiple app versions approved at the APK management panel and publish them as required, looking for an immediate roll back ?

All of your support is very appreciated.Thank you.
Production
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
1. I believe if it's a new app there's some testing that happens here, but not for updates. We otherwise do not know what URLs you are accessing in your code. You should be using CloverAuth.AuthResult to find the base URL for the environment on which you are running.

2. As long as you used the same cert that was used previously there will not be a problem w/ signatures.

3. We recommend you integrate with third-party crash / debugging service.

4. Yes you can stage a rollback version of your APK.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Asael avatar image Asael commented ·
Hey Jeffrey Blattman, thanks for your help in here.

The application was released before, I mean it already existed and worked well on the market. But now it seems that at one specific step, when we make the reconciliation of the payments, it just keeps waiting a response in there. We have put some login into it but the approval and signature processes takes very long to happen.
Is there a way to have a more personalized support in this situation? Our app is currently not functional at production.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ Asael commented ·

You can email appmarketbusiness@clover.com to check on the status.

If you are expecting some string base URL to be set one way or the other you can download your APK and decompile it to find the strings. We do not have any sort of live-logging facility. If you already have logging you can ask the merchant to do a Help > Diagnostics > Send Device Logs AFTER they experience the problem and if you tell me what to look for I might be able to help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community